Skip to main content

How much time can I get

Fresno, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

7 yrs for a gbi. Got out was doing real good. 2 yrs out now. Got into it with my wife popped her in the mouth well drinking. She filed a police report. I'm still on high control with a yr left. How much jail time am I facing. And if she testifys in my behalf will it help me.

Attorney Answers 3


Sounds like your wife just posted a question regarding this. You need to hire an attorney ASAP.

Mark as helpful


It will depend on whether new case is a felony or not. Consult with an attorney for yourself and determine your best strategy including your supervision case. Good luck.

Mark as helpful


This is a difficult if not impossible question to answer under these facts, and in light of the new re-alignment laws. It sounds to me as if you received a 7 year prison sentence for a crime that included an enhancement for GBI. If so, that is a violent felony and you were placed on parole ("high control"). A violation could send you back to prison, in addition to whatever charges may come from the new situation (although more specific information is necessary to make this determination). Bear in mind that the conduct alone can result in a violation whether or not new charges are filed.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics