How much time AM I GONE GET FOR VIOLATING MY MISDEMEANOR PROBATION IN THE LAST MONTH ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I WAS IN THE LAST MONTH OF COMPLETION LIKE MY LAST WEEK THEY SENT A WARRANT IN THE MAIL

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . Your risk depends on what type of probation you have. If you have "regular" probation, then the most you can get is the amount of time that the judge gave you at the start and then suspended. If you got a "deferred" probation, you could get the maximum time the law provides for the offense. For a class B misdemeanor, that's 180 days, and for a class A misdemeanor, that's 1 year county jail. For more about what is a "regular" probation and what is a "deferred" probation, see the legal guides section of Avvo.com where I have posted a legal guide that covers that in everyday English.

2. David N. Smith

Answered . Mr. Pierce-Jones' answer is correct, but receiving the warrant by mail and the fact that you got it in the last month of your probation lead me to think that the violation that it is based on may be a minor violation that can be easily cured, such as paying the remainder of whatever money you owe under the terms of your probation. If you cannot do that, the judge can either waive payment or extend the term of your probation to give you some more time to pay.