How much sway is given for second opinion radiology readings and chiropractors?

Asked 11 months ago - Atlanta, GA

Cant afford a neurological on my WC earnings and dont trust my docs

1. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

2

Answered . As you posted this as a malpractice question, I am assuming you are trying to determine if you have a malpractice case against a worker's comp doctor. Malpractice cases have to be accompanied by an affidavit from a medical professional who is willing to state that the person you are seeking to sue breached the standard of care. A chiropractor would not likely fit the bill, and a radiologist would only help if the person you are seeking to sue misread a scan. If you feel that you have a malpractice claim, seek a consultation with a malpractice attorney. They could determine what kind of expert you need, and can help you get in to see one if necessary. You need to make sure that any such visit will not interfere with your pending worker's comp case as well.

Pro

3

Answered . You need to discuss it with your WC lawyer

3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

2

Answered . I think it is wise to speak to a WC attorney before you do anything. Like anything it depends on the one who is performing the interpretation. I have seen Chiropractic physicians read in my area who trained with some of the best radiologists.

4. Josh P Tolin

1

Answered . If this is a comp case you need to get referral form the comp doctor. You need to retain a work comp attorney, if you do not have one. An MD or DO opinion is generally given much more weight then a chiropractor.