How much should i expect to spend on a defense attorney for petit larceny?

Asked about 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

So long story short, i was with my roommate at Walmart buying groceries. He was shoplifting and i wasn't. but i got arrested because i was with him. They thought i was his partner in stealing. I spoke to a defense attorney and he said the best thing for me right now is to try and get an ACD and that his fee is $1500. Is this price reasonable?

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . That price is certainly reasonable.

2. Howard A. Schwartz

2

Answered . There is no correct answer. Attorneys charge prices that vary widely byou should consult with a number if attorneys before deciding. If you are financially eligible the court may appoint counsel. Good luck.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Lawyers charge based on their experience and the complexity of the case.

4. Zachary Peter Reibstein

Pro

1

Answered . That definitely sounds reasonable for a case like this. Expect to spend more if the case actually proceeds to trial, though.