How much should I expect to pay for a lawyer to represent me in philadelphia, pa over a car accident. A cab driver hit my car.

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I was not the driver. my friend was. I was in the passenger seat. i did not know at the time that my car was uninsured. we have 2 witnesses who saw the accident happen that say they are willing to testify that the cab driver was at fault. However, if I lose that case in court I do plan to sue my friend. also, will a lawyer be able to get my friend/driver to cooperate? Like all "good friends" the driver is nowhere to be found and refuses to reply to my messages, hence why i have no problems suing him.

1. Jonathan David Marx

9

1

Answered . My office handles these matters on a daily basis and would have no problem taking a look at your case, we offer free consultations and work on a contingent fee, so if we do not recover money for you there is no fee, feel free to contact us at our website below or look at my profile which has my phone number.

2. Harold Semanoff

Pro

9

Answered . Lawyers handle these cases on a contingent fee basis, so if you do not recover any money for your case, you should not owe your attorney anything. Different lawyers will charge different contingent fees. They may range from 30% of the amount recovered to 40%. However, you should not select an attorney based solely upon the amount of the contingent fee. Like all professionals, the fee charged should reflect the attorney's level of experience and reputation. Be guided by reviews posted by former clients and other attorneys.

The attorney that you select will investigate the facts and pursue your claim against all negligent parties, even against a former friend of yours.
    I would be happy to discuss the facts of your case with you.

Good look with you medical treatment and your claim.

Pro

9

Answered . The secret is to retain a top-rated Philadelphia personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice, and you get maximum compensation under PA law.

4. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . You need representation from a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer. Feel free to call me with questions, or you can also retain a high-profile lawyer like Christian Lassen.

5. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

8

Answered . You should consult with attorneys in Philadelphia. They will charge a percentage of any personal injury settlement. Most initial consultations are free. I practice in Indiana and believe that there are thresholds for compensation in Pennsylvania. However, generally speaking the value of your personal injury claim will depend on the seriousness of your injury, length and type of treatment, permanency, and income loss. The higher the value of your personal injury claim, the more that you should receive as well as your attorney. I agree that you should not choose an attorney based on their fee percentage.

6. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . Rule in law no different than anything else: you usually get what you pay for. Interview several. Then decide.

7. Jason C. Imler

3

Answered . I would recommend you consult with a few attorneys but I expect you will find that most injury attorneys charge about the same fee percentage on injury cases. This assumes you have an injury case. Most attorneys will not take a case on a contingency fee to help you pursue claims just for the damage to your vehicle. Depending where you reside, your failure to maintain insurance on your vehicle may have some negative consequences. You may be limited in pursuing certain types of claims.

8. Mark Copoulos

Pro

2

Answered . Retain a renowned Personal Injury attorney like Christian Lassen to handle your case. Good luck.

9. David Ian Schoen

Pro

3

Answered . Just hire an experienced personal injury attorney that you are confident in. Unless the fee is outrageously high that should not be your priority in hiring an attorney. Anything in the 33% range would be considered fair.

10. John F. Fox Jr.

1

Answered . You should not expect to pay a lawyer to handle your case, unless he recovers for your injuries. Lawyers handle these types of cases on a contingency fee. We would be happy to speak with you free of charge regarding your case.