How much should I ask from the insurance company settlement?

Akron, OH |

I was the passenger in a car that was at a complete stop, someone ran into the back of us going about 45mph. I went to the emergency room and they said I had lumbar and cervical strain. I went back to my family doctor because it was not getting better a week later. How much should I ask as a settlement from the insurance company?

Are your injuries resolved; still treating; any lost time for work; out of pocket expenses; prior injuries; complications from this injury? I could go on; not enough information. Consider speaking with local and qualified counsel. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio

Mr. Adams is correct - talk with qualified counsel.

It is difficult for anyone on AVVO to give you advise on the amount you should request. You should contact an attorney in your community for a free consultation. There are many factors that go into evaluating a claim and a qualified attorney can review you claim and share his thoughts.

You do not state if you are done treating and whether your doctor has released you. If you are still treating or have not been released, then you should not even be thinking about a settlement value. Based on these facts I doubt any one could give you a definitive answer.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Nothing.

You should not ask the insurance company for anything to settle the case. The reason is that if you handle the case 'pro se' by yourself, you are making the statement that you do not take your case seriously and you will settle for less than full value.

Here are 10 reasons not to handle your case on your own: [click blue link below]

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

Best response is to call an attorney in your area and let him evaluate your case.

Without a personal injury lawyer, you will either get #1. no money or #2. a nuisance settlement. Retain a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. You may read more about car accidents on my website. Good luck.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-510-6755
http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I wholeheartedly agree with my colleagues. Too early to determine, not enough information, and you should definitely consult with a personal injury attorney before you discuss anything further with the insurance company.

Your chances of being fully compensated are greatly increased if you work with an attorney. You chances of being fully compensated by the insurance company without an attorney are zero. Feel free to contact me if you need any help. www.nphm.com

Only when your injury has completely resolved or you have a doctor saying it will never resolve and you totally know the future can a realistic answer be given . Some think there is such a thing as an accident calculator Accident Calculator But there really is not although the link will teach you about the damages recoverable in a Ohio injury

This is not legal advice. This is just general information.You should always contact a lawyer in your jurisdiction for legal advice. By giving you this information a lawyer client relationship is not created. Although I try to be accurate , you should not rely solely on this information and should get an opinion from a lawyer you speak with personally.