How much percent of time do you serve in federal prison?

Welch, WV |

My boyfriend was arrested in march 10 , 2011 . . . hes release date on the bop website says he will be released in June 16 , 2017 . . . how much time will he actually do ? ?

1. An inmate will serve 85% of the sentence imposed by a federal judge. 54/days per yera credit off the total sentence imposed, unless he loses it while in prision.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Good time begins accruing after the 1st year of incarceration. If your boyfriend has a high school diploma, he will be eligible for 52 days of good time credit per year following the 1st year (less if he does not have a high school diploma or its equivalent ).

No attorney-client relationship is created by responding to any question on Avvo. Further, nothing contained in any response may be relied upon as legal advice.

3. 85% is correct although the way it is calculated it works out to something like 87%.