How much of settlement can I expect due to hitting unleashed dog causing motorcycle crash with soft tissue injuries.

North Vernon, IN |

road rash and bruised ribs due to unleashed dog running out in road after our mortorcycle and we (myself and girlfriend) crashed due to hitting unleashed dog running out in the road after us. Indiana has a leash law

1. Hopefully the dog owner has homeowners or renters insurance. Impossible to evaluate your injuries on such brief medical information - you may have permanent scars etc. Consult a local personal injury attorney to review all information & handle any settlement or judgement for you.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

2. A plethora of factors go into putting a number on a case. Retain a local personal injury lawyer for representation.

3. There is no way to assess the value of a case based on so little information. It is an art and a science. You should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area, who will go through your injuries, the collision, the impact on your quality of life, any potential future medical expenses, etc etc to determine a proper level of compensation.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. Motorcycle accidents can cause horrendous injuries. For your own sakes, retain an experienced injury attorney in your jurisdiction. You can't really "expect" to receive an easily calculable sum until many factors are documented. There is no 'magic formula'. If there is such a thing as an injury calculator, click the blue link below to see:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

5. This forum can be an amazingly rich source of valuable legal insight to the general public. One thing that this site cannot do is to provide answers to specific legal questions. As all of my colleagues who answered this question have stated, you do not provide sufficient detail of your injuries subsequent scarring to provide an answer, even if that were possible in this forum.

You need to consult with a local personal injury attorney. There is no fee or obligation for an initial consultation and personal injury attorneys take cases on contingency. This means that their fee is paid from whatever recovery they get for you, at the end of the case. If the attorney wins money for you, you pay a percentage of that money to the attorney as his fee. If the attorney does not win money for you, generally you cannot go the attorney anything. All contracts may vary slightly and you should confirm this to be the terms in any contract that you may consider entering.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

6. Retain a local area personal injury attorney to evaluate your claim (as well as your girl friends, assuming she was injured also). Most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation, If chosen to represent you, many personal injury attorneys will also provide a Contingent Fee Agreement which means that you will not need to provide any up-front fees for attorney fees. Talk to a couple of attorneys and select one you feel comfortable with and that is experienced. You cannot go wrong.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

7. The following are possible elements of an Indiana injury claim assuming liability is established: pain and suffering, disfigurement,medical expenses past and reasonably certain to be incurred in the future, disability and past lost wages and future lost wages reasonably certain to be incurred in the future. I agree with the other attorneys, ere is I sufficient insufficient information provided in order to answer your question. Contact an attorney in Northwest Indiana for a consultation.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. He can be contacted at Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836 2200. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

8. As everyone has indicated, without all the facts about liability and your injuries it is just guess work. Please do yourself a favor and retain a personal injury attorney in your area, and then you will get an educated opinion as to what, if anything, your case is worth.

9. It is too difficult to assess the value of any particular injury claim with such little facts. Every case is different and every claimant is different. You are best served by speaking to a local personal injury attorney. Good luck

Chris Wyant Attorney at Law Brown Tompkins Lory & Mastrian 608 East Market Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 317-631-6866 phone 317-685-2329 fax cwyant@btlmlaw.com www.btlmlaw.com

10. Not possible to advise on this matter until you have a full evaluation of medicals and completed treatment.

Farid Yaghoubtil is an attorney at Downtown L.A. Law Group - 1850 E. 15th St., Los Angeles, CA 90021. (855)385-2529.

11. I tend to agree with the responding attorneys. You should consult with a local experienced motorcycle injury attorney to represent you and protect your rights. Best of luck.

Animal law topics