How much notice must a landlord give a tenant before evicting in GA.

Atlanta, GA |

No details

It depends. Re-post with details.

The amount of notice required depends on the nature of the tenancy. An at-will tenant (month-to-month) must be given 60-days notice. A tenant with a lease must be given the amount of notice specified in the lease.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Your question doesn't really give enough information to be able to give you a definitive answer. Here are the general principles that apply in Georgia. If the Tenant has a written Lease with the Landlord the amount of Notice Specified in the Lease itself will control. So, if the lease specifies 60 or 90 days or whatever time period the agreement was in the lease that is the required amount of notice. If the Tenant does not have a written Lease, then they are a Tenant- at- Will and Georgia requires 60 days notice. I hope this information has been helpful. If you have a more specific question you should re-post on AVVO with more details in your question.

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.