How much notice is required for a landlord to give a tennant if the rent is increasing?

Asked over 2 years ago - Augusta, GA

I got a letter on my door on Monday, June 4, 2012 about the rent increase. My lease ends at the end of the month. It is a $20 icrease.

1. Charles I. Pollack

1

Answered . Look at your lease agreement, as it may answer your question. It's especially necessary to look at what happens at the end of the lease term. Does it automatically renew? Does it convert to a month-to-month lease? Something else....?

If your lease is expiring at the end of the month anyway, could this be the landlord's way of offering you an extension of the lease term (or a new lease), with the increased rent?

You didn't really provide enough information to provide a futher answer.

2. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . The amount of notice required should be provided in the lease. Look there for the answer to your question. If it is unclear, you may consider showing your lease to an attorney for them to review and provide an answer.

~ Kem Eyo