How much money will i get from a crushed hand?

Asked over 5 years ago - Houston, TX

my left hand was crushed at work, ill only be able to get 75 % motion back in my fingers, how much is the compensation for that?

1. Matthew Bruce Lewis

Pro

Answered . It depends. There is no set amount of compensation for any particular diagnosis. You are entitled to temporary income benefits for any wages that you lose as a result of your injury until you are able to return to work or recover from your injury. Once you reach maximum medical improvement, the point when your recovery has plateaued, the you will be given an impairment rating. An impairment rating is a measurement of the permanent damage to your hand, and it is expressed as a percentage of your whole person. You may be given certain impairment for a diagnosis of the hand if there is any permanent nerve damage, but most hand injuries are rated based on the lost range of motion. Range of motion tends to be different day to day. It will be measured and then there is a chart that explains what the impairment is based on the range of motion you have on that particular day. Measurements should be taked of your wrist motion, if it was affected, and each finger joint. It is all added up and converted to a whole person impairment. You will receive three weeks of benefits for every percentage of impairment. So, a 10% impairment rating will result in thirty weeks of impairment income benefits. Texas work comp is a rather fluid thing. Nothing is set in stone. For additional info, you can check out www.dallasworkcomp.com.