How much money should i expect to get with my workers compensation claim?

Yucca Valley, CA |

i am 23 yrs old had right shoulder surgery for a rotator cuff tear. i was evaluated as P & S with 18% impairment. i was not compensated for light dutie work so have been on disability since. i was a CNA at time of injury working for a hospital. my salary was 450 AWW. any information would put my mind at ease :)

You are at a point in your case where you're going to need an attorney to help compute settlement and preserve your rights. The compensation for an 18% shoulder impairment will depend upon your date of injury, your return to work status with work restrictions, the amount of employees with your employer, the rating adjustment due to age and occupation, and the parameters of your future medical care. An experienced workers compensation attorney can help you understand the settlement options that you have and help you through the process. Workers compensation attorneys work for a regulated minimal fee and the value that a good attorney will bring your case will more than pay for itself.

I hate to take the easy way out, but do you have a WC attorney? if not, you absolutely need to sit down with one to get guidance on your case value!

Good luck!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Sometimes the easy answer is the correct answer. It is here.

Whole Person Impairment can involve more than the doctor's 18% opinion. You should have a decent WC Attorney review the report and give you an opinion on valuation.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

I agree.

Have a local WC attorney review this for value and your eligibility for compensation while on light duty.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

I agree.

Recommended articles about Employment