How much money should i expect for pain and suffering from progressive for my daughter being in a car accident in my mothers car

Asked almost 2 years ago - Milford, CT

my mother was in a car accident about a week and a half ago and my daughter was in the car with her while i was at work. i was very worried and scared when i found out but i was stuck at work. A few days later i had her checked out by her pediatrican because we both dislike emergency rooms. I now just recieve a phone call from a woman from progressive stating that she is sorry it took her so long to call me and she wanted to know how scarlett is and offered to pay for the copay and told me shell call me on the 16th day after the accident happened and make me an offer for my pain and suffering on top of the 30$ copay. how much should i expect?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Scott Douglas Camassar

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Based on this information, I wouldn't expect very much, but it depends mostly on the nature and extent of the injury, which you don't specify. I'm assuming your daughter wasn't seriously injured, but if she's having any continued complaints, I would say don't be too quick to settle, and make sure she gets checked out and gets the treatment she needs. You don't want to settle quickly and cheaply if she's actually injured.

  2. Patrick J. Filan


    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should not settle until your daughter has a clean bill of health and you have consulted with a personal injury attorney

  3. Eileen R Becker

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As one of the other responding attorneys stated, you should not expect the offer to be very much. It would be in your interest to speak to a local personal injury attorney prior to agreeing to accept whatever the offer is to be sure your daughter is adequately compensated for her injuries. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further. My office number is (203) 265-2035 or you can visit my firm's website at Best of luck to you and your daughter.

    PLEASE NOTE: This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection... more
  4. Michael Shemtoub

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no magical number that is set for each case. I would make sure she is 100% well before you even attempt to settle. There is also no harm in consulting with an attorney before you settle. An attorney can explain what she is entitled to and they can also negotiate the amount of the claim to a much higher amount! Do not short change your settlement by attempting to settle with the insurance company on your own.
    Good Luck
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at


    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,094 answers this week

2,741 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,094 answers this week

2,741 attorneys answering