How much money I should make so my wife could apply for h-4 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Canfield, OH

I am planning to apply for h1-b visa. I have a company that will hire me and I wanted to know how much money I should make so it would be considered that I am able to maintain my family? Is it hard to get h-4 visa specially if are married only a few months?

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

2

Answered . I agree with the other.

www.immigrate2usa.com

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

1

Answered . If your salary meets the H1b requirements, meaning the average wage for that position, your income will be enough also for an H4 for your spouse.

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . The prevailing wage

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . The wage listed on the LCA.

5. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

2

1

Answered . If you and your spouse will be applying for H-1B/H-4 visa at the same time, the money part will not come into question. How much you will be making is provided in the Form I-129, which is already with the US consulate, as a part of H-1B petition. It is not hard to obtain an H-4 visa for your spouse if you are married - the duration of marriage is not the factor.

6. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . There is no condition like what you stated, attached to H4. This may be because if you could get an H1 approval you would be earning fairly high and would be able to support your dependants. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com