How much money has to be involved to be considered a felony, fraud case with the Los Angeles, Ca ? Misdemeanor?

Palmdale, CA |

I committed fraud in the state of California . There Investagating the case but it's been 2 years and I am wondering whats the Statue of Limitation, I believe 4 years. I don't know . Also how much money do I have to defraud for it to be a felony and or misdemeanor? I'm worried and confused. Damn I should have been a smarter person, being stupid and broke but I was wrong and have to be ready for my punishment and have learned a hard lesson and is ashamed.

1. It depends what they charge you with whether or not the statue of limitations has passed. For a felony theft, it must be over $950. A misdemeanor is under $950. However, it really depends on the facts of your case. You should contact a criminal defense attorney to assist you.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

2. First you should not post criminal admissions on a public forum like this, not that an investigator would ever find it, but it is not wise to do so just in case. As to your question, it's really fact specific, and I would need to know the type of fraud that is being alleged (or admitted in your case) and how it was performed. There are a number of variables, in deciding between felony and misdemeanor, if it's over $950 It could be a felony but if it's close to that number and you have no record a prosecutor or a judge would easily make it misdemeanor, especially if the fraud was not to sophisticated. call a lawyer. Good Luck Ron Bamieh

3. Please do not np make any more admissions on this site. Remember that it is a public forum