How much money can you recieve in a law suit for neck and back injuries?

Asked over 3 years ago - Fort Pierce, FL

i got hit in the rear sitting at a red light. i havnt been back to work. my neck back and head are to painful to return to work. i have been out of work for two weeks now. the lawyer has me going to therapy

1. Kevin Francis Guyette

Answered . Depends.

Issues of severity, duration, out of pocket expenses, future,past, present pain and suffering are all determining factors.

Objective testing will be crucial.

Have you posed this question to your lawyer ? What is your real purpose in asking on this site ?

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Each case is different. Recoveries can range from zero to millions of dollars, depending upon the individualized facts. Since you are represented by an attorney, you should discuss the value of your potential claim with your attorney. Your attorney is in the best position to guide you on case value.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . There is no way to answer that question. If you have surgery, your case is worth a lot more than if you don't have surgery. If you do therapy, it is worth more than if you don't. Your attorney should be able to give you an idea what your case is worth.

4. Jeffrey Harlan Penneys

Answered . There is no way to answer that question at this point in time. Many factors go into the answer, such as: how long will your treatment last? Will there be any medical bills that still need to be paid? Will there be a health insurance lien? Are there tort laws in FL that would preclude you from getting a settlement nukes you are seriously or permanently injured? Are you in fact permanently injured? Do you have prior accidents? Was there any property damage? ALL of these questions will determine how much you can recover, if anything.

5. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I only add that to be credible, your care MUST be overseen by a medical doctor, preferably an orthopaedist. Good luck.