How much money can I save by representing myself in an injury claim?

I'm thinking about representing myself in an injury claim following a car accident. How much money can I likely save by doing this? .

Clearwater, FL -

Jeffrey Alan Adelman

Jeffrey Alan Adelman

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Pompano Beach, FL

Bad idea. You will not have to pay an attorney's fee, but your settlement offer will not be as much in all likelihood. There is an expression "anyone who represents himself has a fool for a client." Establish a relationship with an attorney you have confidence in. There are many qualified attorneys in your area. Good luck.

Daniel Marc Berman

Daniel Marc Berman

Personal Injury Lawyer - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Statistics show that you likely will lose money by representing yourself. Please read part 1 of my article I recently posted as to why you shouldn't do that. Part 2 to be posted this week

http://www.southfloridainjurylawyers-blog.com/2...

www.southfloridaaccidents.com

Barbi L Feldman

Barbi L Feldman

Litigation Lawyer - Lakeland, FL

It is absolutely your right to decide to represent yourself. However, there are many rules and laws that will make this process very time consuming for you. Also, if you do not take the time to really know what you are doing, then you could severely damage your case. So if you choose to proceed on your own, be prepared for a lot of research and work.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Bronx, NY

I'd rather sit back and defer to my colleagues on this one. Sorry, asker. Looking forward to what's about to come :).

Related Advice