How much money can I save by representing myself in an injury claim?

Clearwater, FL |

I'm thinking about representing myself in an injury claim following a car accident. How much money can I likely save by doing this?

.

1. I'd rather sit back and defer to my colleagues on this one. Sorry, asker. Looking forward to what's about to come :).

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. Statistics show that you likely will lose money by representing yourself. Please read part 1 of my article I recently posted as to why you shouldn't do that. Part 2 to be posted this week

http://www.southfloridainjurylawyers-blog.com/2012/04/why-you-shouldnt-try-to-handle-your-car-accident-case-on-your-own.html

www.southfloridaaccidents.com

Daniel M. Berman www.southfloridaaccidents.com This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

3. Bad idea. You will not have to pay an attorney's fee, but your settlement offer will not be as much in all likelihood. There is an expression "anyone who represents himself has a fool for a client." Establish a relationship with an attorney you have confidence in. There are many qualified attorneys in your area. Good luck.

4. It is absolutely your right to decide to represent yourself. However, there are many rules and laws that will make this process very time consuming for you. Also, if you do not take the time to really know what you are doing, then you could severely damage your case. So if you choose to proceed on your own, be prepared for a lot of research and work.