How much longer do i have to wait to get an answer after biometrics?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I went for my biometrics on october 29, 2012. Its been over months already its going for 4 months now. How much longer will i be waiting? I know i have to be patient but im just curiouse about it? Also i would like to know about the drivers locenses. My friend went to get his and they told hime that they were no longer giving them out to category c33. And nother friend said that to those that got their license have to take them back to the bmv. Is that true?

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

Answered . The DACA cases are backlogged due to the large number of filings. The wait may be a few more months. As for drivers licenses, I am currently working with the Ohio BMV on this issue on behalf of AILA. The decision makers for the BMV are still gathering information and are reviewing the Ohio Administrative code to determine if licenses issued are proper for this federal benefit. The primary issue is that DACA doesn't provide status and the OAC seems to require some. Stay in touch with your lawyer. We should have an answer soon.

2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Answered . What benefit did you apply for?

3. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . I do not think license once issued would be taken back but there were problems with DACA applicants being recognized by the different state governments to issue drivers license and other benefits. It should settle down with time as the State governments learn that they are required to follow federal directives on immigration law. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 106
    Carmel, IN 46032
    Ph; (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com