How much longer do i have to wait to get an answer after biometrics?

Columbus, OH |
Filed under: Immigration

I went for my biometrics on october 29, 2012. Its been over months already its going for 4 months now. How much longer will i be waiting? I know i have to be patient but im just curiouse about it? Also i would like to know about the drivers locenses. My friend went to get his and they told hime that they were no longer giving them out to category c33. And nother friend said that to those that got their license have to take them back to the bmv. Is that true?

What benefit did you apply for?

FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and childhood arrivel

Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

I see, DACA. Yes, don't feel bad. Approximately 400,000 applications have been filed. Initially it was taking 1-2 weeks for an approval! Now, its taking like 6 months unless there is a request for additional evidence then a few weeks longer. Good luck.

My girl friends brother went after i went for his biometrics and he already got everything... But thank you!.

Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Apples and oranges. His officer may have been faster/more caught up. Call the National Customer Service Center, the 1-800 number is on your I-797 Notice of Action/receipt and ask them if your application is outside of normal processing times and if so to notify the Service center via email to expedite matters.

Ok thank you for your time

The DACA cases are backlogged due to the large number of filings. The wait may be a few more months. As for drivers licenses, I am currently working with the Ohio BMV on this issue on behalf of AILA. The decision makers for the BMV are still gathering information and are reviewing the Ohio Administrative code to determine if licenses issued are proper for this federal benefit. The primary issue is that DACA doesn't provide status and the OAC seems to require some. Stay in touch with your lawyer. We should have an answer soon.

Many people i know went for their biometric and they got everything already. Is there a reason for that?...

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

Each case is different. Try not to get caught up in the comparison game.

I do not think license once issued would be taken back but there were problems with DACA applicants being recognized by the different state governments to issue drivers license and other benefits. It should settle down with time as the State governments learn that they are required to follow federal directives on immigration law. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 106
Carmel, IN 46032
Ph; (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com