How much longer do I have to wait for my employment authorization application to be processed?

Filed under: Immigration

I filed for the employment authorization on behalf of the DACA program on August 31st. I changed my address two times already. I know that changing your address delays your application but I'm about to have 6 months already waiting for my application to be processed. Does any one know how much longer do I have to wait? Please and thank you!

Did you file all necessary and supporting documents? have you gone through Biometrics yet? Do you have any criminal background? These could be factors in the delay, although with the increased numbers of filings, these cases are taking longer to process than before.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Barring any additional delay that your address changes might have caused, you shouldn't have to wait much longer now. Maximum another 2 months or less.

Hang in there!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You can also call USCIS through the 1-800 number that is on your receipt notice. Sometimes they can tell you if there's a reason your application is delayed; for example, if they sent you a Request for Evidence that you never received. If there's no fault of yours for the delay, you might be able to ask them to look into the reason for the delay.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.