How much longer do I have to wait for my employment authorization application to be processed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I filed for the employment authorization on behalf of the DACA program on August 31st. I changed my address two times already. I know that changing your address delays your application but I'm about to have 6 months already waiting for my application to be processed. Does any one know how much longer do I have to wait? Please and thank you!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Answered . Barring any additional delay that your address changes might have caused, you shouldn't have to wait much longer now. Maximum another 2 months or less.

Hang in there!

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

6

Answered . Did you file all necessary and supporting documents? have you gone through Biometrics yet? Do you have any criminal background? These could be factors in the delay, although with the increased numbers of filings, these cases are taking longer to process than before.

3. Laura Justine Jacobson

6

Answered . You can also call USCIS through the 1-800 number that is on your receipt notice. Sometimes they can tell you if there's a reason your application is delayed; for example, if they sent you a Request for Evidence that you never received. If there's no fault of yours for the delay, you might be able to ask them to look into the reason for the delay.