Skip to main content

How much jail time is attempted robbery

Hawthorne, CA |

Attempted robbery with a minor who had two weapons on him but my boyfriend didnt n was on 3yr probation

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    It's too early to talk jail time (though Mr. Daley's estimate is probably accurate for a conviction). At this point it's still important to fight the case. There may be trial issues or the possibility of working out a plea deal.

    As the other attorneys have said the probation violation and weapons throw a lot more into the mix. You definitely need a good Los Angeles criminal defense attorney. I am one of many attorneys on this site who offer free phone consultations and would be happy to answer any questions you have.


    Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t. 323.803.4352
    f. 323.617.3838

  2. I totally agree with Attorney Daley. Your boyfriend doesn't need you doing legal research, he needs the best criminal defense attorney that can be afforded under these circumstances. I'm not licensed in CA, but I have no doubt (without knowing what offense he's on probation for now) that he is looking at serious time in a state correctional facility if he doesn't get the legal help he needs.

  3. Attempted Robbery is a serious felony charge. Couple that problem with the fact the defendant is on probation. Get a criminal defense lawyer ASAP to represent the accused. I don't practice in CA but we have several avvo lawyers here that do, so I'll defer to them.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  4. Depending on how the Prosecutor charges the crime and with what enhancements, up to almost twenty years in prison plus time for his probation violation. I suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney to fight this case.

    Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131

    This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics