How much jail time for thses 4 misdemeanors in utah county jail?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Salt Lake City, UT

(76.5.102.2) Assualt Domestic Violence
(76.5.304) Unlawful Detention
(76.5.109.1) Domestic Violence in presence of child
(76.6106.1.B.ii) Criminal mischief

Bond amount: $5,000? THANK YOU.

1. Steven Glenn Shapiro

Answered . Your question unfortunately doesn't have enough detail to allow a complete answer because three of the offenses can vary in severity based on the details of the conduct. Unlawful detention is a B misdemeanor, which carries a possible maximum of 6 months in jail plus a fine. The other offenses are also generally Class B misdemeanors with the same maximum sentences, but they can be more serious depending on whether injuries were sustained or the dollar value of the damaged property.

The charges are serious enough, and a jail sentence if convicted is enough of a possibility, that court appointed counsel should be available to the defendant if they qualify financially. If they don't qualify for appointed counsel, or if they prefer to hire their own counsel, they should contact an experienced attorney to discuss the case and their options.

If I can be of help once you have additional specifics of the situation, please do not hesitate to contact my office.