How much jail time can you get for OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE

Asked about 2 years ago - Willow Spring, NC

My sister has 3 counts of robbery with dangerous weapon on her background and mow she is being charged with OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE

1. Karl E. Knudsen

Pro

3

Answered . Obtaining Property by False Pretenses is ordinarily a Class H felony punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of 40 months unless the value of the property exceeds $100,000.00 then it is a Class C felony punishable by imprisonment for a maximum of 231 months. Her exact maximum exposure would depend on her prior record and when her earlier convictions occurred which would determine if she qualified for Habitual Felon status or would otherwise determine her prior record level for sentencing purposes. She needs an experienced criminal defense attorney. I can be reached at 919-828-5566

2. Damon John Chetson

2

Answered . Mr. Knudsen is exactly correct, and if you are charged with this kind of offense, I would recommend you give his office a call. He is one of the highly respected lawyers in Raleigh.

There are two levels of OPFP - the Class H which is for amounts between $0 and up to $100,000. And Class C which is $100,000 and above.