How much jail time can i get with a forgery F5?

Fairfield, OH |

I recieved a check in the mail and cashed it.I didnt know the check was bad. The cop told me he was charging me with passing a bad check but hit me with forgery F5. the check was made out to me i just signed my own name. He is trying to say that i made the check in so many words.. Am i looking at jail time. this is the first time i been in any trouble in 7 years and my first theft/fraud or what ever they are calling it.

They issued a warrant and i turned myself in as soon as they issued it and never been in fairfield court before...

1. An F5 carries a potential sentence of 6-12 months and a $2500 fine. You should consult an attorney as soon as possible to begin planning your defense strategy.

740/772-1222
    www.chillicothedefense.com

The responses of Attorney Benjamin Partee to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-Client relationship. Attorney Partee is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Partee is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the asker.

2. without getting into the facts of this particular case, a F5 carries a potential jail/prison sentence of 6-12 months. an offense like this is also very much probationable, but what sentence the judge ultimately formulates is any given case depends on a number of factors, including criminal history of the defendant.

3. The felony of the fifth degree carriers a maximum of 12 months in prison. It sounds as if you may have a defense. You should hire an attorney to assist you with this case. The attorney should take a full look at all the facts and your criminal history. Do not talk to anyone other than your attorney about the case. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

4. Max is 12 months in state prison, but probation is possible, although some judges will impose some county jail time as a condition of probation. I practice in Butler County.