Skip to main content

How much is the fine for not stopping at a stop sign and is it a point on your record in santa clara county

San Jose, CA |

approached a stop sign goint 25 mph and failed to come to a complete stop.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It's a moving violation, so it will be one point on your driving record.

The fine? You may get a courtesy notice from the court with the amount to pay, but if not, you'll have to appear on the date your citation lists. The court clerk should be able to tell you how much it would be to pay and/or if you're eligible for traffic school. You can always ask to go before the judge and try to get the fine reduced.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer