How much is SSI in the state of michigan

Asked over 2 years ago - Madison Heights, MI

I was wandering how much SSI disability is in the state of michigan. I know the federal goverment gives you 698.00 dollars every month, but i think the state of michigan adds funds to that .. so im curious whats the amount you recieve total in the state of Michigan.

1. Brian S Wayson

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . In Michigan, the amount of the state SSI supplement benefit varies by living arrangement.

see: http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7-124-5453_5...

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

2

1

Answered . If you stilll have questions after reviewing the link my colleague provided, consider talking to a local attorney.

You may contact your local city, county or state bar association to see if they have a lawyer referral program, or you may contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) for the name and email address or telephone number of attorneys in your area. Most attorneys who do any amount of Social Security work are members of NOSSCR and provide a free initial consultation. In any event, no attorney may charge a fee for work on a social security claim until it has been approved by Social Security. The fee limit is a maximum of 25% of past due or back due benefits you are owed, and many lawyers charge less than the full 25%, and the money is not paid until your claim has been approved.

The telephone number for the lawyer referral service of NOSSCR is 1-800-431-2804. NOSSCR's website is www.nosscr.org.

In addition, you can find a Board certified specialist in Social Security by contacting the National Board of Trial Advocacy. They evaluate lawyers (independently) in many types of claims and require extensive experience and testing before a lawyer is certified. They have a section specifically for Social Security: The National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, Divisions of the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification.

Their link is: http://www.nblsc.us/

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
    ------------------------------------------
    Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.