HOW MUCH IS MY CASE WORTH ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Johnstown, PA

MY CAR THAT I WAS DRIVING WAS TOTALED BY A TRACTOR TRAILER . THE TRUCK INSURANCE COMPANY ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY . MY LEFT AC WAS SEPARATED AND I SUSTAINED SOME NECK INJURIES . I WAS OUT OF WORK FOR 16 WEEKS . MY MEDICAL BILLS IS AROUND 12 , 500 . 00 AND MY LOSS WAGES IS AROUND 28 , 000 . 00 .

Pro

21

1

Answered . A lot likely. Find a top-rated lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with some money after the lawyer takes his big chunk. Good luck.

2. Ross Marvin Miller

18

1

Answered . Sorry to hear about your accident, the most important thing right now is to keep up with your treatments so you can heal. As to your specific question, it is hard to assess the value of a case without much more detail about the accident and your injuries. You should definitely talk to a personal injury lawyer right away to make sure that you get the best possible recovery. I would recommend that you do not try to negotiate with the insurance company yourself, having an attorney will put you a position to get the maximum possible recovery.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

18

Answered . Probably more than you are able to acheive on your own. You had professionals investigate your accident, treat you and defend the insurance company. Studies confirm, that with few exceptions, people such as yourself net less without an attorney than with a local and qualified attorney. Presumably, the insurance company has told you or lead you to believe you do not need an attorney. Ask yourself why. Good luck.

4. Kevin Coluccio

18

Answered . This are helpful facts in showing your injuries, but, you really need to talk with a qualified personal injury attorney. By dealing directly with an attorney, the attorney can get into important details regarding your injuries, your damages and how the injuries may effect you in the future.

5. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

14

Answered . There are so many variables ranging from the venue where suit were to be filed to the quality of witness you and the other driver present as. consult an attorney - many good ones on Avvo. Free consultation and they'll assess your case. Good luck

6. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

13

Answered . Impossible to answer here. Sit down with an experinced personal injury attorney to discuss all the details of your case which would include both economic and noneconomic damages.

7. George Costas Andriotis

12

1

Answered . Sounds like you have a significant claim but to put a value on it with such limited facts is impossible. There are a multitude of variables which affect value and only after a thorough investigation, interviewing a client, reviewing all the medical records and insurance policies can an experienced attorney begin to place a value on a claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  8. David M. Axinn

8

Answered . The amount that you should receive depends on a number of factors, including whether you have fully recovered. In addition to easily measurable things like medical bills and lost wages, you are entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life's pleasures. These damages are real, even if they are harder to put into numbers.

You and your attorney should take the time to review the case carefully before reaching a settlement.

9. Gladys E. Wiles

5

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about your accident, it certainly changes your life. Keep treating until you are completely better or have been discharged by your doctor. It's difficult to access the value of your case without first determining liability (whose fault) and reviewing all of your medical records. It seems that you suffered some serious injuries to have been out of work for about 16 weeks. However, it would be unfair to you to try and put a value on your case without a complete review of the records.

You should contact a personal injury attorney and have your case reviewed so you know your rights.

Best of luck!

Gladys Wiles

One or more answers have been taken down.