How much is it to hire a lawyer to be present at an immigration marriage interview?

Me and my husband have already sent in the papers and I have received my work authorization. Now we are waiting for the interview and thinking about hiring a lawyer to be present at the immigration marriage interview with us. How much approx is it to do this? and how long do they need to familiarize themselves with our case?

Orlando, FL -

Richard Andrew Constantino Alton

Richard Andrew Constantino Alton

Immigration Attorney - Miami, FL

There are a variety of reasons as to why a particular officer will split up a couple, sometimes yes they may suspect something based on each individual's immigraiton history, it may be for training purposes, they may just like spliting people up, or they may have time before lunch. So it does not always mean that they are automatically warry if the split a couple up. It is a good suggestion to meet with a qaulified immigration attorney beforehand, if you are simply hiring them to go with you to an interview. This will cost more, but it gives you both a chance to get to know each other and review the case.

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

It depends on the facts of the case. Most lawyers neww a few hours with you for "prep" time, and others need more. The interview can take (with wait time) 2 hours or so. Most lawyers charge around $200 some more, some less.

Debbi Lee Klopman

Debbi Lee Klopman

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

I would also mention that it depends on how much preparation time you will need before your interview, how complete your original filing is, and where you live. There is a large range in attorney's fees but there is also a large range in how competent they are. Find an attorney you feel comfortable with. Good luck to you!

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
398 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
dkny430@aol.com
718 622 1208
This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Andre R. Olivie

Andre R. Olivie

Immigration Attorney - Seattle, WA

I would guess that it would be between 100-300 dollars. Attorneys need time to prepare for knowing about your case and for the travel and wait time. If your marriage is obviously genuine and everything is done correctly, the interview may be no more than 15 or 20 minutes and the attorney may not have to do anything but listen. The point of an attorney is to be there just in case unexpected problems arise and need to be dealt with later.

Andre Olivie
www.olivielaw.com

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder

Immigration Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

At my office in Orlando I go over your papers filed, conduct a mock interview in order to prepare you and attend the interview with you. You may call me between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM to discuss the fee for this service.

Kyndra L. Mulder, Esquire
(904) 296-7702