How much is it to hire a lawyer to be present at an immigration marriage interview?

Orlando, FL |

Me and my husband have already sent in the papers and I have received my work authorization. Now we are waiting for the interview and thinking about hiring a lawyer to be present at the immigration marriage interview with us. How much approx is it to do this? and how long do they need to familiarize themselves with our case?

Is it also right that they can be suspicious just by looking at the application and papers/documents we have included or not included and based on that call us in for separate interview right away compared to as if it didnt look suspicious and would interview us only together? Thank you all so much for you help and answers!!

It depends on the facts of the case. Most lawyers neww a few hours with you for "prep" time, and others need more. The interview can take (with wait time) 2 hours or so. Most lawyers charge around $200 some more, some less.

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. I would also mention that it depends on how much preparation time you will need before your interview, how complete your original filing is, and where you live. There is a large range in attorney's fees but there is also a large range in how competent they are. Find an attorney you feel comfortable with. Good luck to you!

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
    398 Bergen Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11217
    www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
    dkny430@aol.com
    718 622 1208
    This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

3. I would guess that it would be between 100-300 dollars. Attorneys need time to prepare for knowing about your case and for the travel and wait time. If your marriage is obviously genuine and everything is done correctly, the interview may be no more than 15 or 20 minutes and the attorney may not have to do anything but listen. The point of an attorney is to be there just in case unexpected problems arise and need to be dealt with later.

Andre Olivie
    www.olivielaw.com

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an immigration attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. There are a variety of reasons as to why a particular officer will split up a couple, sometimes yes they may suspect something based on each individual's immigraiton history, it may be for training purposes, they may just like spliting people up, or they may have time before lunch. So it does not always mean that they are automatically warry if the split a couple up. It is a good suggestion to meet with a qaulified immigration attorney beforehand, if you are simply hiring them to go with you to an interview. This will cost more, but it gives you both a chance to get to know each other and review the case.

The statement above is only for general knowledge purposes and at no time intended to be a legal opinion. The individual posting the question and those reading should always obtain the advice of a qualified attorney. No attorney/client relationship is established.

5. At my office in Orlando I go over your papers filed, conduct a mock interview in order to prepare you and attend the interview with you. You may call me between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM to discuss the fee for this service.

Kyndra L. Mulder, Esquire
    (904) 296-7702