How much is it to get a divorce in Effingham county GA?

Springfield, GA |
Filed under: Divorce

I am military and I am stationed over seas. I have called lawyers to find info on fees but must tell me around $1700-$2200 for the uncontested divorce. But, I have friend that got divorce and in the end only paid somewhere around $750. Is it because I am military that they charge me so much? Me and my current spouse are both in agreement and have no accounts, properties nor kids. Also we have only been married for 2 years and been away from each other for 1 year and 11 months.

1. There may be law firms that will do divorces for that price. You probably need to call around until you find an attorney in your price range.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice. This answer is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship you should contact an attorney and formally discuss the specifics of your case.

2. Our firm handles uncontested cases in Effingham County for a flat fee of $1,250.00, which includes all costs and filing fees. My law partner and I are both former military and so we routinely deal with clients who are stationed overseas. We offer a free initial consultation, which can be done by phone, and everything else can be done by e-mail. Let me know if you have any questions, or would like to setup a consultation. Our office number is 912-459-1776.