How much is cost of an attorney is pulled over for dui in san dimas,ca? am i better off getting the public defender?

San Dimas, CA |

total 2 convictions of Dui in the past. Last on being 4/2002. . the CHP release me to my mother at her house. i wasnt taken to jail. and he did not give me a copy of my citation. how do i find out when my court date is?

Attorneys will not discuss fees with you on this public forum. You need to contact an attorney and discuss it with him or her to determine those expenses. You may be monetarily better off with a Public Defender if you can afford one. However, Public Defenders do tend to be overworked and underappreciated, which means they will have little time to speak to you and spend time being creative in your case. Since this is your third DUI, albeit outside of 10 years, there is a realistic possibility of being hurt at sentencing. For all of the above reasons, seriously consider hiring private counsel. We can be reached through my profile (click on my name) above or our website below.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

The cost of a private attorney is dependent on the facts of your case and whether you would like to plea or fight the case all the way to verdict.

As stated, you can go with the public defender, but the public defender will not help you at the DMV hearing, and most public defenders have dozens if not hundreds of files that they handle in a given day. Also, you may not even be financially eligible for a public defender.

You will probably be receiving a letter in the mail with charges and your court date. Start consulting with local attorneys.

The information above is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information.

The cost of a private attorney depends on the facts of your case, and the expertise of the attorney in question. To get that information, you will need to contact a few DUI lawyers and discuss the case. Every attorney has a different fee and varying experience, so talk to a few and then choose one. With a DUI, i would strongly suggest you contact DUI attorneys, not necessarily an attorney who handles DUIs. There are many lawyers who only handle DUI cases and they will be in the best position to help.

While you can get a public defender to help with the criminal case in court, you risk your case not getting enough attention because, although Public Defenders are good lawyers, they are not solely focused on defending DUI cases and have a large case load. In addition, the Public Defender cannot help you with the DMV case. With any DUI arrest, the arrested person must request a DMV hearing within 10 days from the date of arrest or risk having their license automatically suspended by DMV (even before there is a conviction).

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

contact attorneys on this list for fees
>

The best way to get a price is to call several attorneys for price quotes. In addition to fees, you'll want to get an idea of who you feel is most trustworthy and will make your case a priority. The hour or so it will cost to speak to a few attorneys on the phone could save you a lot of time and headache in the future. Third time DUIs carry a 120 minimum jail sentence if convicted, so it is a very serious case. Your lawyer will be able to figure out your court date for you, but you should also be getting something in the mail from the prosecutors.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA | 90026

There is no set fee for a DUI unless you go to a attorney that treats them all the same. Each DUI is unique with its own set of circumstances. My suggestion is to start contacting attorneys to determine what they will charged based upon your circumstances. Many reputable DUI attorneys offer a free consultation. Start talking to as many as you can before you decide.

www.DUI-Lawyer-Long-Beach.com
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

You can have an attorney contact the District Attorney's Office to find out your court date. This likely will be considered a first offense DUI, but you do have 2 priors. You just were lucky it fell outside the 10 year time limit. You should consider hiring a private attorney because they will be able to invest far more in your case.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131
www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.