How much is a ticket in georgia for failure to yield

Asked over 4 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

i got a ticket for failure to yield,unsafe lane change, illegal window tint, and

1. Kimberly Keheley Frye

Pro

Answered . Your ticket payable amounts are usually set by the local jurisdiction. If you case is in Lawrenceville City court they may have a different price from a Gwinnett county court. Looks like you have 2 three point tickets and equipment charge. I can't tell what the fourth charge was. Here in Cobb, your tickets would add up to around over $300. An attorney could help you possibly reduce some of the charges which would help your insurance down the road which is a much bigger savings.

Doesn't hurt to consult a local attorney in Gwinnett to help you with your case. If you need some names of Gwinnett attorneys, I would be happy to give you some good lawyers on that side of town.

2. Norman H. Cuadra

Answered . Pursuant to Georgia law, the charges of failure to yield, unsafe lane change and window tint violation each carry a penalty of up to a $1,000 fine and 12 months in jail. Under Georgia law, these are considered misdemeanor violations. The amount of fine that you will receive depends on the court you are in, facts of your case and your criminal and/or driving history.