How much is a substantial investment

Asked about 1 year ago - Davenport, FL

I am thinking of applying for an E2 visa, would $60,000 be substantial enough?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

Answered . It may be depending on the type of business. However, we are generally conservative on this issue, and recommend an investment of $100,000.

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

7

Answered . It depends on the type of business. There is no set amount. The more you invest the greater the chance of success. We generally advise of $100k or close thereto

3. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

6

Answered . It may be sufficient depending on the investment situation. Generally the more substantial the investment the better.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I used to recommend $100,000 ... I now recommend $125,000 to $150,000 ..... depending on the business and keeping in mind that you need to own at-least 51%.

5. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

4

Answered . That can be a sufficient investment, however there are other factors and criteria that you must be able to meet in order to get an E-2 visa. E-2 visas are highly complex and I would urge you to consult with, and hire, an immigration attorney. E visas have been increasingly more difficult to obtain due to more restrictive opinions/decisions of the AAO in recent years, so it is best to get a good lawyer on your side before proceeding.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on Avvo.com are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.