How much is a fine for going 20 miles per hour over the speed limit in Forsyth

Asked over 1 year ago - Forsyth, GA

on interstate 16 North

1. Samuel Lynndon Morgan

Answered . Under OCGA 40-6-181, the fine could be up to $150, but usually, there are surcharges and the fine easily could be $300 or more. Where I live, the courts will charge about $250-$400.

The bigger problem you have is the points. You will get three points, and you insurance company will be notified. Your rates may well go up more than an attorney will charge to negotiate a plea, or even beat the charge if possible. Without more facts, it is hard to know what defenses you might have to the ticket. Get a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer in your area.

Don't panic; a lawyer can definately help you. A good defense lawyer will probably be able to get the ticket reduced to a local violation so that the insurance company won't be notified. Your lawyer may be able to minimize the fines, too.
    Good luck, I hope that helps.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . The presiding judge could levy any statutory permissible amount within a range depending on the local rules and procedures and case facts. Discuss with a local traffic attorney.