How much is a 25-28% whole body impairment worth in a DUI collision worth? Rating stems from cervical spine injury.

Kirkland, WA |

I was stopped at a red-light and was rear-ended by a drunk driver in the middle of the afternoon. (She was arrested). I am trying to get an idea of the value of my personal injury claim...car and diminished claim is already settled. $10,000 in medical bills. Medical condition is stabilized, no lost time or wages (I am a teacher). What do you think?

1. Many crucial facts are missing. Seek an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you ASAP. With an attorney, you will not get maximum compensation and the experienced insurance adjusters may take advantage of you. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

2. There aren't enough facts to fully evaluate your claim. Liability sounds very good but it is difficult to evaluate the damages. Further the coverage limits of the defendant will have an impact.

3. This sounds like a serious case. You should consult with a local personal injury lawyer immediately. A good lawyer will likely be able to obtain substantially more for you than you can obtain for yourself.

4. You may have a substantial claim, but as my colleagues point out, more information is needed. Claim values vary on a number of factors, and a whole body impairment rating is just one of them. You really need to consult with a local attorney who will look over the accident report, your medical records and bills, any prior injury history, available policy limits, etc. Most attorneys such as myself will offer a consultation at no charge.

This answer is intended to provide general guidance only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consider retaining legal counsel if you remain uncertain about your rights.

5. Much more info is needed to properly evaluate, so retain a local lawyer to do so.

6. You should consult with an experienced attorney before you do anything else. Much more information needs to analyzed, e.g., what were the nature and extent of your injuries; how much, if any, wage loss did you incur; do you have residuals from your injuries; what kind of treatment did you receive, and for how long; which insurance company will you have to deal with, etc. At the very least, you need to sit down and discuss your case with counsel.

7. You will need to contact an attorney ASAP. Determining the value of your case is more art than science. There are several moving factors and the value of a case can change as litigation moves forward.

Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. www.vansiclen.com.

This comment is made as general information and is in no way to be considered legal advice. Attorney's making such comments have no information beyond the information provided in the question presented. Additional information is necessary before an attorney can give specific advice. Please seek legal counsel.

8. Everyone gave you good advice. If you are hit by a drunk driver and there is inadequate medical insurance, you can submit a claim to the crime victim's compensation program. They will help pay for medical, counseling, etc.

DUI topics