How much income to Sponsor My Mother for Green Card?

Rowland Heights, CA |

I'm a citizen of this country and I want to sponsor my mother for green card. I'm married and I have to kids of age 3 and 7. Only my Husband works (he's a citizen too) . My Question is, How much income do we have to show in order to sponsor my mother? How much annual income should my husband have?

Thank you for the information.Ok I just checked the form I-864P and my house hold size is 4 and it required & 29,437. My question is, if i'm sponsoring my mom, should it be house hold size 5 and 34,464 ?? i'm bit confused. please clear me

1. USCIS form I-864P holds the answer.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I agree, look it up in the form I-864P. It lists the incomes vis a vis household size.

3. Read the instruction to Form I-864 to see how much income is needed for a household your size.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Read the instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf to determine how to count members of your household. Talk to an immigration attorney

(626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.