How much evidence do I need to file a police report for a stolen item?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakeville, MN

My roommate recently dropped out of school and took with him my $200+ skateboard. We have been really good friends for about 9 years, but when I asked for my skateboard back he replied it was no where to be found. He has a really bad history of selling things to the pawn shop that does not belong to him, he was blacklisted at the local pawn america. Knowing this, I called a sporting goods store that sells used sports equipment a few stores away from that pawn shop, gave them a description of my skateboard, and sure enough they had it. I would like to file a police report to see who sold my skateboard to the store but I fear there isn't enough evidence that shows the skateboard is mine. Thanks so much for the help!

1. Adam W Heaton

Answered . There is no reason to wait; make the police report.

2. Maury Devereau Beaulier

Answered . Make a police report and the Prosecuter will decide if there is sufficient evidence to charge.