How much evidence do I need to file a police report for a stolen item?

Lakeville, MN |

My roommate recently dropped out of school and took with him my $200+ skateboard. We have been really good friends for about 9 years, but when I asked for my skateboard back he replied it was no where to be found. He has a really bad history of selling things to the pawn shop that does not belong to him, he was blacklisted at the local pawn america. Knowing this, I called a sporting goods store that sells used sports equipment a few stores away from that pawn shop, gave them a description of my skateboard, and sure enough they had it. I would like to file a police report to see who sold my skateboard to the store but I fear there isn't enough evidence that shows the skateboard is mine. Thanks so much for the help!

There is no reason to wait; make the police report.

Disclaimer: Absent a written retainer agreement with Adam W. Heaton, nothing in this message creates an attorney client relationship. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Call 651-829-6183 if your matter involves Minnesota or Oregon law.

Make a police report and the Prosecuter will decide if there is sufficient evidence to charge.

CALL 612-240-8005 for a Consultation. Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com