How Much Evidence Do I Need Before I Can File An Action And Get Sworn Depositions?

Jacksonville, FL |

When is it too early to get depositions and 'fish' for evidence, esp when the depositions are the only evidence?

1. In Florida, if you want to take a deposition within the first 30 days of filing the complaint, you need the court's permission [see FL Rules of Civil Procedure 1.310(a)]. And generally speaking, you will need to become familiar with all of the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure if you insist on doing this yourself. Good luck!

As of the time I provided my answer to your question(s) today, I am NOT your lawyer and you are NOT my client. Therefore, there is NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP between us. Accordingly, you should NOT construe my response to your question(s) as legal advice. Rather, you should look upon my answer as a "starting point" for you begin discussions with a lawyer of your choosing. I am always receptive to new clients, but there are many, many lawyers who will meet with you and give you expert, personal legal advice. My answers in this forum are NOT expert legal advice, but merely general commentary after reading the very, very brief facts which you provided to this forum. I truly wish you all the best!