How much does the court get involved in an uncontested divorce - Los Angeles, CA

Asked 9 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

How much does the court get involved into the division of money and property if my husband and I have already agreed on how to divide the money and property? will it delay the divorce in any way?

1. Joseph Torri

2

Answered . The court really doesn't get involved with decisions that are mutually agreed upon. The courts encourage settlement. Make sure all of your disclosures are filed. File the appropriate paperwork and the court should not interfere. If you don't file all of the appropriate paperwork, the court will interfere and require the appropriate documents.

www.JoeTorriLaw.com

2. Kelvin P. Green

1

Answered . The court will have involvement if you complete all the declarations and stipulations. It can be done in just over six months.

3. Wail Sarieh

Pro

Answered . No; the court has no time to review your judgment.