How much does it usually cost for a lawyer to do an expungement in NJ?

Toms River, NJ |

I was looking at the steps involved and I'm not sure it's something I want to do myself. This is for an arrest that happend over 15 years ago. I was found not guilty but I still have that pain in the butt arrest record hanging over my head and I'd like to get rid of it.

I understand that you might not want to post your fees online. I was looking more for a range. Is the range $1,000 - $2,000? $100 - $400? I really don't know what the range is. I assume it's a flat fee and not hourly? And that it's more per hour than your regular rates?

Prices vary you should probably call around. Attorneys usually do not like to post their fees because various factors effect the fees, it is not like buying a book or something.

John Ducey

You're probably better off hiring a lawyer to take care of this for you. Attorneys are not likely to post prices for expunging records in an open forum. Call around to discuss pricing.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

The prices do very. Call the attorneys from AVVO to discuss prices.