How much does it cost to get a misdemeanor expunged off of your record that happened in 2008?, Do I need a lawyer present?

Petersburg, VA |

The misdemeanor is for petit larceny and what is the minimum years for you to get it expunged

1. You need to explain what happened in 2008. If you plead guilty or were found guilty, it will not be possible to get an expungement, with or without an attorney. Expungement in VA is a question of whether you were actually innocent of the offense.
    Please provide more information.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

2. Sounds like an expungement in VA is difficult. I suggest you consult with an attorney there and see if you have any options.

3. There is no minimum waiting period to petition for an expungement. If the charge was nolle prossed or you were found not guilty, you are eligible. Dismissal of the charge may be eligible for expungement.

In answering this question, we have not created an attorney-client relationship. You must execute my engagement agreement and pay my fee before we have an attorney-client relationship. Any response I may post is based solely on the limited information you have provided and there may be other circumstances you fail to include that will affect your legal rights. If you wish to have a legal opinion or seek representation, you may contact me via my website and we may establish an attorney-client relationship at that time.