How much does it cost to become a US resident??

San Benito, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

with this new law that's coming up on March 2013, around how much will a person waste.
immigration, filing fee, waiver, lawyer, Ect.

Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website. Attorney fees vary from attorney to attorney and on the complexity of the cas.

Your question is akin to asking how much does a car cost, without specifying any details.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

There is no new law.

Only a new program ... using an old law.

Mr. Ferrari is correct on costs.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleague. The cost depends on your case and on whom you hire. No matter what, I would not consider it a "waste" to hire a professional to handle my immigration matters -- and I would say that even if I weren't an attorney.

This answer is only for general information purposes. It does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The answer I gave is based only on the facts that you have presented in your question and might change if the facts are different.

If it is a "waste" why would you do it? The filing fees are posted on www.uscis.gov website. Attorney fees vary and you would have to speak to each individual attorney.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ia agree with all of my colleagues.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

It is not a waste but it does depend on the law firm you hire.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The CIS filing fees are posted on their site. Attorney fees vary.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104