How much does it cost for.fiance visa

Spring, TX |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I want to apply for my fiance. How much does it cost n how ling it will take to bring him here from pakistan.

I-129F -

Visa issuance at the US Consul -

Time frame? Quite a bit longer than you probably think it should. 7-15 months ... depending on security checks.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Heard laws have changed or something. Will it bring my process time of 7-15 moths to any shorter time period. I have applied for fiance visa. My process started on march 3rd 2013.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

No, the laws have not changed. Plus, people from Pakistan have to 'endure' additional processing delays due to the extra background checks they conduct on ALL people who's names appear on the forms. Yes, that includes parents and siblings.

Fiance visas are processing in 5-6 months. Then the approved fiance visa is sent to the National Visa Center where they process the matter for several weeks. Then depending on the country where your fiance originates, an interview will be scheduled. The wait time for the interview is unknown as there is no way to gauge the number of cases filed between now and when USCIS approves the fiance visa. As well, Pakistan is a slower processing country due to heightened security checks. Plan appropriately and I'd recommend using counsel for the matter.

Filing fees are as posted on the USCIS website. Attorney fees vary from lawyer to lawyer and on the complexity of the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration