How much does immigration lawyers charge?

Asked about 2 years ago - Plantation, FL

I am a US citizen and I have been married for 3 months, I live outside of the U.S. What is the estimate amount a immigration lawyer charge to help for a green card threw marriage. I have added up all the fees for the form that is needed. I have never been charge in the courts, my husband has never been chagred, he has never had any dealings with immgration deportation etc......

Can some one just give me and estimate fee for this sevrice?

1. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . You can determine your costs by going to the USCIS.gov/forms. The fee will vary by attorney. You will need to inquire with individual attorneys. Fees will vary by the geographical location of the attorney, the attorney's experience and the difficulty of your case. Make sure any attorney you consult has experience filing marriage cases; especially in your situation.

2. Emily Katherine Allen

Answered . Fees vary far too much to give you an estimate online. You'll need to do your homework and consult with at least three or four experienced immigration attorneys to compare fees, expertise, likeability, etc. And don't just consider cost when you make your decision...paying a few hundred dollars more for someone with more experience will surely be an excellent investment.

3. Raphael Samuel Moore

Answered . The legal fees charged by immigration attorneys vary allot. Don't be afraid to ask for a quote. Most of us work with foreign clients all the time, so distance is not an issue. Most of us use electronic systems to communicate and complete paperwork. Feel free to call/email us (530-758-8317; Rmoore@mytrustedlawyer.com) or other attorneys on this forum for a quote.

One or more answers have been taken down.