How much does green card application form review cost?

Evanston, IL |
Filed under: Green cards

How much does green card application form review cost? I am applying for adjustment of status as an asylee. I have filled out all necessary forms myself and printed out supporting documents. Now I just need someone to check docs prior to sending them to USCIS. Thank you in advance for your responses!

1. We are licensed (and highly trained) immigration lawyers, we do not "check" doc's prior to sending to USCIS. We either prepare & file the entire application (and assume responsibility for it) or want to know none of it.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. It depends. Consult with an immigration attorney in your area to discuss the costs of a document review. We have offices in Chicago and we do document review at an affordable rate. See below for more details.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

3. Most immigration attorneys would not want to put their name under something they did not prepare themselves, which your question implies you are asking someone to do (even if unofficially doing so by merely 'checking' someone else's documents over). If you were to hire an immigration attorney to prepare your application, that would be a different matter. I would highly suggest you do this.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

4. This probably is not something you want to pursue - either work with a lawyer or don't. Don't try to do it halfway like this.

This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. Then only way to do that would be to to retain my office; if you are interested in that, I can be reached at 703/885-0637.

5. This site does not quote attorney fees. You will need to call and schedule a consultation for a review of our documents.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

6. My neighbor bought some dental cement and tools for his cavities and wanted to find a doctor to check if he could do that work correctly by himself. Do you know any?

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602