How much does an annulment cost? And how long will it take?

Orangeburg, SC |
Filed under: Divorce

when I met my husband he barely drinking. However, after we got divorced july 23.2010 he started drinking every day! He is either drunk or completely wasted! The problem is also that our income is so small right now that we cannot afford his drinking habits. I'd like to get an annulment as soon as possible!

You may not get an annulment. You would qualify for a divorce based upon habitual drunkenness. It takes four months in SC to get such a divorce. You may file for your divorce at any time after you are not living together anymore.

My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction where the legal issue may be filed or in the state where the law applies.