How much does a slip and fall settlement from Walmart usually reach ?

San Diego, CA |

The floor was very wet from the rain and it was the entrance to the store. I did have back pain for several weeks and had a bruise on the left knee. They offered 1,500 so far.

That's a nuisance settlement. People without a lawyer get 11% of the money of people with a lawyer.

Get a lawyer with a low contingency fee, such as 29%, so you are left with the lion’s share of the settlement money. Don’t get hurt twice by using a lawyer with a huge fee.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Lassen's advice to get a lawyer to help you protect your interests and ensure you are getting a fair value on your claim. Each case is different, and the value of any claim depends on a multitude of factors that are best evaluated by an experienced personal injury attorney.

This information is provided for general purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created with the furnishing of this advice. Attorney licensed in North Carolina only.

Suing Walmart is never easy. Most lawyers who have common sense and experience know they can expect a battle. I have pursued claims against them and prevailed but the cases have been very strong with very bad injuries to the victims.

Keep in mind that this $1500 they are offering you may have to be used to repay your health insurance carrier if they have paid any bills related to this accident. This may be different in California, but you need to ask a California lawyer who focuses his or her practice on personal injury work. The adjustment or claims management company offering you the money won't tell you that part and you may end up getting sued by your health insurance carrier for the bills they paid. So do yourself a HUGE favor and consult with a California lawyer about this or you might end up getting nothing in the end. To be frank, back pain and a bruise on the left knee would not be substantial enough injuries for most lawyers to take a case like this without more serious injuries or surgery being required. Often the expense of litigation with the injuries you are describing would exceed the value of the case if suit had to be filed. Again, I am not a California attorney and cannot advise you under California law. You need to speak to an attorney in your own state as soon as possible.

Every case is different depending on the facts and injuries. Call a local personal injury lawyer.

My law firm handles slip and fall / trip and fall cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.slip-and-fall.net. If you want to discuss your case, you may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1.