How much does a DUI Cost?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Bernardino, CA

Should I hire an attorney to fight it or just plead guilty?

1. Edgar J. Reynoso

Pro

3

7

Best Answer

Answered . You are better off retaining an attorney. The following are some but not all penalties:

Fines/Penalties—approximately $300 - $5,000
    Jail/Community Service—2 days to 2 years
    DUI Treatment Program—3, 6, 9, 18, or 30 months
    Drivers License Suspension—4 months to 5 years
    How much does a DUI Cost?

Costs for DUI have been estimated to be more than $6,600 (actual costs may vary). Here is a conservative itemized breakdown for a first DUI offense:

Fines/Penalties—$1,000
    Tow/Impound Fee—215
    DUI Treatment Program—626
    Court Costs—800
    Insurance Increase— $1000

2. Michael Korry Bialys

5

Answered . As a DUI Attorney myself i always recommend hiring your own lawyer to handle your case both with the DMV and the courts. The system is shall wev say not user friendly. Your lawyer can assist in fighting the case, potentially getting it lowered, and take you through the process with a minimal of inconvenience and penalties

3. Philip Daniel Hache

Pro

3

Answered . I would definitely recommend that you hire an experienced DUI attorney to handle your case. Walking into Court and pleading guilty without knowing the strength or weakness of the prosecutor's case is not a good idea. And the details and complexities of defending a DUI case are not something that is learned by reading a post or checking for information on the internet for a short period of time. There are many potential defenses to DUI charges, with possibilities of getting the DUI charges dismissed, reduced to lesser offenses, and/or mitigating and reducing the penalties associated with a DUI. I have some general DUI info on my website regarding DUI's that you may find helpful. Feel free to contact me by phone if you would like to discuss your case further.

4. Maltaise E Cini

3

Answered . All the other attorneys have given you good advice. A DUI can have consequences for the next 10 years. If you plead guilty to a DUI and get another alcohol related offense it may be used against you for the next 10 years. You should not just plead guilty to an offense.

Hire an attorney and follow the advice of the attorney.

One or more answers have been taken down.