How much do you get for a slip in fall in a toy store?

Asked over 5 years ago - Cleveland, OH

i fell in a toys r us store. I slipped on a skateboard that was in the middle of an isle.i filled out an incident report but the manager had already picked up the skateboard when my friend went for help and said there was not a skateboard in the middle of the isle and there were no cameras back there were i was what do i do? I went to the hospital and they said I had damage in my neck so can some one tell me what should i do.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . To bring a tort suit in civil court you need for negligence against the defendant. In general terms, negligence is either the failure to do something that an ordinarily prudent person would do under given circumstances or the doing of something that an ordinarily prudent person would not do under those same circumstances. Any lawsuit grounded in a negligence theory involves a breach of a legal duty imposed by statute or otherwise, owed by the defendant to the person injured. There must be damages that are the proximate result of the breach of the duty owed by the defendant to the injured person. You have a good start so..... get a lawyer.

You need to get talking to an attorney quickly.

You should quickly seek a lawyer because the time limit to take action to protect your rights is short.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide "Successful Start for a Personal Injury Suit"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/successful...

You have rights but you must act to protect those rights. If you wait too long the time to act expires.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Good luck to you.

God bless. I am in Chicago and do not practice in your state.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

2. Nathaniel C Fick Jr

Answered . Get well, most likely. If that is all there is to it, then it is most likely not a case worth pursuing. And, you get from nothing to some small nothing to just close the file out.

Of greater concern is the manager's mismanagement and failure to do an incident report, but even that is out of context.

IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY HURT, and IF YOU WILL ACTUALLY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL MEDICAL CARE, or even surgery, then the matter should be looked at by an attorney there in your area who handles cases of this kind. And, this should happen sooner, rather than later.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.